Thursday, March 14, 2013

Finding time to Write... on a Farm

I love my husband.  Bless his heart, he does everything he can to make sure I have quiet time to write.  But we live on a farm.  Stuff happens.

He gave me several hours to my self and whisked the kids away. First the cat decided to start knocking the eggs I collected off the counter. I cleaned that up and put the eggs away. then she thought she wanted to taste test the nasty leftovers I found in the back of the fridge.  I put the Tupperware in the sink so she wouldn't knock it off. At that point she continued to try and lift the lid with her paw, making a pop sound every few seconds.

Then all hell broke loose outside.  I peeked out the window and didn't see anything. I went back to writing and then a big clunking, bellowing, hullabaloo startled me out of my comfy chair. I ran outside to see Stupid Cow had jumped the fence again and was stuck in the wood pile.  The dogs hit her with a full force "retreat or die" tactic and she jumped back over, but not before stomping my new roofing panels. I cleaned those up and now I'm going to try again.

Writing is FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment